Sunday, April 11, 2021

Following the one true King

S - 1 Samuel 10:19-22  (NASB)

19 Then all the people said to Samuel, “Pray to the Lord your God for your servants, so that we do not die; for we have added to all our sins this evil, by asking for ourselves a king.” 20 Samuel said to the people, “Do not fear. You have committed all this evil, yet do not turn aside from following the Lord, but serve the Lord with all your heart. 21 Indeed, you must not turn aside, for then you would go after useless things which cannot benefit or save, because they are useless. 22 For the Lord will not abandon His people on account of His great name, because the Lord has been pleased to make you a people for Himself.


O - The Israelites after King Saul came to their rescue where warned by Samuel that they had asked for a  King, and the Lord provided one, despite God's willingness to be their King and Lord.   Here the people realize they have done wrong but Samuel's word from the Lord shows God's grace and mercy, that the people are not to fear but continue to focus on following the Lord and serving Him with all their heart.  They are to be careful to not go after useless things.

A - The application for me is to recognize I am just like the Israelites,  I had chased after things that looked good in the world.  I wanted a thing in the world to lead me rather than the Lord Jesus, to lead my life.   I am committed to make Jesus and only Jesus the Lord of my life.  As I rebuild my life I will make Him the cornerstone.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson may it be sealed to my heart and guide me over the days and months to come.  I thank you for your grace and mercy and ask that you speak loudly into my life and guide my thoughts and steps.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment