Monday, April 26, 2021

The Kingdom of Heaven in me

 S - Matthew 13:31-33 (NASB)

31 He presented another parable to them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field; 32 and this is smaller than all other seeds, but when it is full grown, it is larger than the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the [r]air come and nest in its branches.”

The Leaven

33 He spoke another parable to them, “The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three [s]pecks of flour until it was all leavened.”

O  -   Jesus is telling many parables in chapter 13 that describe the kingdom principles with regard to seeds.  In the parable of the sower He is sowing the gospel or good news of the God's kingdom to come.  The seed is the word of God and when it enters someone it grows and has the capacity to grow larger than anything this world can create and everything in it that one would need for an abundant life.   The kingdom seed planted into a person is like leaven and can amazingly be spread throughout.  

A -  The application for me is to recognize that I have the kingdom of heaven inside me.   God planted his gospel in my heart and I have accepted it.    Even though their are weeds and thorns that might be growing I know God is able to separate out what is not from Him.  I put my trust in Jesus who has taken away my sin with grace and I trust that He is able to lead me in this trying time.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, I am desperately clinging to your robe asking for continued healing from the worries of this world.  I know I have to keep stepping forward.  I pray for my families sake that you help me to find a job and resolve our outstanding debt.  Take away the worries of this world and replace them with your kingdom principles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment