Thursday, September 29, 2022

Do not worry

​s-Luke 12:22-26 NIV

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! 25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life[b]?26 Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

O- Jesus addresses his disciples to put their minds at ease.   Worry about provision of food and clothing and other needs comes natural to us but Jesus wants to show us a way to live free of these worries.  He explains that are lifes are more than just the food we eat or clothes we were. God has a plan for provision for the Ravens who worry about where their provision is coming from.  They neither plant seed or sow a harvest of their own making but the Lord still feeds them. Since the Lord provides for the ravens, how much more will He provide for us.   Worrying about these things does not lead to adding an hour to our lives and since we can add to our life by worrying about littel things we should not worry about the rest.

A - The application for me is to place my trust in God and His provision.  I have so many individual worries that at times it can overwhelm me but God has me in his palm looking over me and providing for my every need.  I need to commit to surrender my worries to the Lord and allow Him to be my good shepherd and show me His ways and His provision.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's message may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I pray for you abundant provision in my life. I surrender all my cares and worries to you.  Show me you ways and provision so I may walk in a manner that exemplifies my trust in you.  I pray this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment