Thursday, September 1, 2022

Come humbly to the Lord

​s-Psalm 70:4-5 NIV

But may all who seek you
    rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who long for your saving help always say,
    “The Lord is great!”

But as for me, I am poor and needy;
    come quickly to me, O God.
You are my help and my deliverer;
    Lord, do not delay.

O - This psalm of David shows us the attitude and posture of the righteous.  All that seek God will rejoice and be glad in God and those that long for God's saving ways proclaim the Lord is great.  David comes humble to God acknowledging he is  poor and needy and ask for God to come quickly to his rescue for he knows God is his help and deliverer.   

A - The application for me is to seek the Lord with all of my troubles and rejoice and be glad in the Lord.  I am to long for God's saving help because I know in my heart and mind that He is great.  I can ask for the Lord to come quickly and help deliver me from my troubles as He is willing and able to save me.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for todays devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would help me deliver me from my troubles with finances and troubles from my cars and also troubles in finding the right counselor. I pray all this in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment