Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Casting out impure spirits

​S-Luke 4:33-37 NIV

33 In the synagogue there was a man possessed by a demon, an impure spirit. He cried out at the top of his voice, 34 “Go away! What do you want with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are—the Holy One of God!”

35 “Be quiet!” Jesus said sternly. “Come out of him!” Then the demon threw the man down before them all and came out without injuring him.

36 All the people were amazed and said to each other, “What words these are! With authorityand power he gives orders to impure spirits and they come out!” 37 And the news about him spread throughout the surrounding area.

O- This miracle that Jesus performs is one of many he is performing during this part of his ministry.  Note the fact that this demon possessed man was in the synagogue which Jesus was going to to teach.  When confronted by the demon Jesus rebukes him and commands him to leave the man.  He does this to witness to the people his authority but also to quiet the demon who knows who Jesus is.   The people were amazed at the words of authority that Jesus spoke, that he was able to command the impure spirit to leave.  

A -  The application for me is to remember the power that Jesus had and has today to command spirits in my life is real.  I will face unpure spirits in my time and I am to rebuke them in Jesus name.  The same power is available to us today that was present in the time that Jesus walked his ministry. The Lord wants to rebuke evil spirits, heal the sick, and open hearts and minds to His ministry of reconcilation.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for a rebuking of any spirit I have allowed to settle on me.  I pray for the epunging of any evil or non healthy ways I have in me and pray for your healing.   I pray this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment