Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Resist the devil

​S- Matthew 4:8-10    NLT

“Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. “I will give it all to you,” he said, “if you will kneel down and worship me.” “Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.’””

O - During the Lords 40 days in the desert He was tested by the devil.  These temptations are the same that the devil uses today to tempt us to part ways with God and follow him.  In this temptation the devil takes Jesus to a very high mountain looking down on all the kingdoms of the world and offers it up to Jesus if He will simply kneel down and worship him.  Jesus rebukes satan showing us how we are to react to satan's temptations.  Then he uses scripture to rebuke the temptation for the scripture says we are to worship the one true God only.   

A - The application for me is to respond to Satan's temptations for me to have possesion of all the power and riches of the world in exchange for my loyalty to him.  I am to rebuke Satan's temptation with the word of God and the witness of my testimony that Jesus is the Lord of my life, he is my Lord and Savior. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I pray for the wisdom and the strength to rebuke Satan's attempt to worship him in exchange for power and glory in this world.   I pray for the wisdom and discernment to know your ways are my ways.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment