Monday, October 3, 2022

Serve God not money

​S-Luke 16:13 NIV

13 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

O- Jesus shares this truth about whom we serve God or money after telling the parable of the dismissed servant.  The servant forgave a bunch of debt to his master to curry favor from people in hopes they would treat him well after he got fired.  This word of wisdom comes from a place that we are drawn to as individuals who are worried about where our provision will come from.  If we trust in God and his provision we won't have to chase after unsavory ways of obtain wealth.   We will instead seek first the kingdom of God and His ways and allow his provision to be sufficient.

A - The application for me is to seek first the kingdom of God.  Too much worry and obsession of money will draw me away from God's plan for my life.  I can see in my own past where chasing the money has led me down the wrong path and I need to repent for these past deeds and renew my committment to following God's lead. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for forgiveness of my greedy ways in the past and ask that you would show me your ways for provision in my life.  I pray these in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment