Saturday, September 24, 2022

Forgiveness of sins

​S-Luke7:44-47 NIV

44 Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. 47 Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

O- This occurs when Jesus is eating at a Pharisee's house.   The Pharisee's were curious but more suspicious of what and who Jesus was.  He was likely invited to find way's in which he led His ministry and ways in which he violated the law.  When the woman washes and annoits Jesus feet with perfume,  the Pharisee's warned Jesus of the sins this woman had committed, but instead of condemn her, Jesus showed compassion and forgave her her many sins because of the great love she had shown Him.  Great love had brought great forgiveness to her in order to cover her mulitude of sins.

A - The application for me is to check my heart and ensure I am loving others with a great love.  I am a man who has sinned and been covicted and forgiven.   I now must take God's grace and allow it to heal and restore my love for others.  I am not to focus on others sins, but rather focus on God's love for them.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that I can love like you love.  Help me to show grace and mercy that you have shown me to others.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment