Thursday, September 15, 2022

Restoration from the lord

​S-Ezekiel 39:25-26 NIV

25 “Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lordsays: I will now restore the fortunes of Jacob[d]and will have compassion on all the people of Israel, and I will be zealous for my holy name.26 They will forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward me when they lived in safety in their land with no one to make them afraid.

Psalm 145:14-15


14 The Lord upholds all who fall

    and lifts up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look to you,
    and you give them their food at the proper time.
16 You open your hand
    and satisfy the desires of every living thing.

O-  God is faithful to his word and here we see his promises to the people who were exiled that he will have compassion on his people.  The peoples response will be to forget their shame and all the unfaithfulness they showed toward God and would live in the safety of there land once again with no one to make them afraid.  The psalm here reminds of what our response to God's grace should be to be when we have fallen, and bowed down to the Lord he upholds us in this state.  

A - The application for me is to recognize I am in my fallen state and need to humble myself and come to the Lord bowed down and seeking his rescue.  I am to pray for his restoration and provision in my life and accept his grace upon my life.   

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would see me in my current state and restore my faith and provision in your name.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment