Monday, September 19, 2022

God's promises fullfilled

​S -Luke 2: 16-20 NIV

16 So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising Godfor all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

O - The shepherds in Bethlehem received word from an angel of the Lord that the messiah was born in Bethlehem and they heard the crowd of heavenly host giving praise for the baby Jesus was born.  They followed the prompting of the angel and went to find the baby that was born to be the messiah and they found him in a manager just as the angel had told them.   They were overjoyed and spread the word concerning what the angel had told them and what they had seen with their own eyes.  Mary treasured all that was happening, likely because she had spent most of her pregnancy under some scrutiny because she had given birth before actually marrying Joseph.  She knew the truth of her conception by the Holy Spirit but up until this moment only her and Joseph knew what God had told them of Jesus birth and now these shepherds were proclaiming the truth of the messiah being born in Bethlehem to Mary and Joseph.

A -  The application for me is to remember that God has promised an abundant life for me and my family.  He has proclaimed it long before it has actually happened.  In this season of recovery it feels as if there is no end in sight but I know the Lord's promises and true and like Mary and Joseph we only need to hold on to the promises God has proclaimed in His word and His spirit's testimony to us. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for the faith and strength to hold onto to your promises during this valley season in my life.  I pray you show me your ways so I would not rely on my understanding but would lean on you and my source of strength and hope.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment