Saturday, September 10, 2022

Repentance

​S- Lamentations 3:40-42 NIV

40 Let us examine our ways and test them,
    and let us return to the Lord.
41 Let us lift up our hearts and our hands
    to God in heaven, and say:
42 “We have sinned and rebelled
    and you have not forgiven.

O- These verses are a reminder that we need to examine our ways and test them.  If we are not aligned with the Lord we need to return back to him and away from our ways that are apart from him.  We need to lift up our hearts and hands to God in heaven and confess our sin and turn toward him.   Though our sin condemns us,  the redemptive power of what Christ has done on the cross intercedes for us.

A - The application for me is to examine my ways and test them.  Every day in the morning examine my feelings and direction for my day and in the evens examine what I have done.  I need to test them against the will of God in my life.   I need to check my heart and repent for the sinful ways in which I have not had my heart after God.  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for your word and for your affirmation and heart check.  I pray Lord you help me to walk this verse out in a daily way that I might check my heart and mind.  I pray you give me wisdom and discernment and I bring a repentant heart to you for all the ways that I fall short. I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment