Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Made new in Christ

​S-Luke 2:21-22 NIV

21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying,heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

O-John the baptist came preparing the way for Jesus' ministry.  He prepared the people by having them repent and be baptised for the cleansing of their sins.  At Jesus baptism the Holy Spirit came down and descended on him like a dove and the voice proclaimed that Jesus is God's son, whom He loves and is well pleased.

A - The application for me is remember my own baptism where I proclaimed Jesus as my Lord and Savior.  My old self died and a new creation was reborn.  I received the Holy Spirit as a helper and began my walk with God in earnest.   Since then circumstances had led me astray and I find myself in need of a spiritual rebirth .  

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for a spiritual rebirth or renewal, that you would make me new again in your way.  I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment