Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Turn to the Lord

​S-Ezekiel 37:12-14 NIV

12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settleyou in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’”

O- This is God's word for the exiled people of Israel.   God was letting them know no longer will they be defeated and abandoned,  but that the Lord would come for them ,  restore life in them and put His spirit in them so they may leave and not be dead.  He returns them to the promised land so they will know they are God's creation and they belong to Him.  

A - The application for me is to realize that no matter how far God seems and how dead parts of me are,  he will come for me to restore me.   Jesus came for all who have strayed and lost their way and wants to restore new life in those who repent and follow Him.  I simply need to turn from my old ways and look to the Lord for a new spirit in me so that I may be known by God and know God. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you accept my repentant heart and would place your Spirit in me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment