Monday, June 15, 2015

Answering the calling of pastor and teacher

S- EPH 4-11-12.(nasb) And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;

O - Paul here is writing to the church at Ephesus to remind them of the keys to the local church thriving.  God's provision is in each individual through the Holy Spirit but he has given each a very specific calling and gifting, to be woven together in the church for the building up of His kingdom and advancement of the Gospel.   

A - The application is an exhortation to me to live my calling and use my gifting.  I gifted in teaching and called to pastor Gods saints for the work of service and building of the body  of Christ.   I need to seek out God and ask him who, where, and how.  It has been a season away from the intensity of organized ministry.   I know the lord is calling me to relationship and action in the church, so as I stepped out and reflex some previously developed but possibly atrophied muscles I must do so with boldness and confidence that Christ is in me, but with the meekness and humbleness as one who has great fear and reverence that the Lord know the way and I must seek Him.

P - Dear heavenly father, thank you for today's devotion, may it be planted deep in my heart.  My hearts desire is to obey and fulfill your calling on my life.  I ask now for the courage, strength, wisdom, and right spirit to do so.   I pray all this in Jesus Christ name,Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment