Sunday, June 21, 2015

Be sure to stay qualified

S. - http://bible.com/100/1ti.3.2-9.nasb An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money. Deacons likewise must be men of dignity, not double-tongued, or addicted to much wine or fond of sordid gain, but holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.

O - these are the high standards of those who are called to be leaders in the  church.  These are not qualifications for salvation of even qualifications to be l loved and shown great compassion.   The great commandment is that we love.. Our neighbor, as God loved us.  These verses more apply to the great commission, to reach the world with the gospel.      

A -  The application for me is that strive to maintain the high standards of the being a leader in Gods church so as not to disqualify myself from a calling good has for me.  The verse I must focus on is to be a man. "holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience.".  I cannot lose the awe of serving a God of such love, mercy, as well as power and patience.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus, thank you for your word today. May it be planted in my heart. I pray this in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment