Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Finding contentment in God and not the world

S - 1 Tim 6:6-19(nasb)
 But godliness actually is a means of great gain when accompanied by contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. If we have food and covering, with these we shall be content. But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.   Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy. Instruct them to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, storing up for themselves the treasure of a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is life indeed.

O - Paul's words penetrate my heart today because I know he speaks to the barriers for me to finding contentment and peace.  Today I fear I have chased something that is not of God but of the world and have wandered from my calling to simply love and follow him.  I am lost in this season because that which I have been chasing these past couple of years, while exciting, motivating, and thrilling, has depleted my soul to the point of despair.    Paul's words encourage me today to fix my hope on God, and to focus on doing good, being rich in good works, generous and ready to share with those God places in front of me.

A- The application for me is to press forward, focusing on what is true and lovely, listening for the spirits prompting and trusting in the ways of God and not my own ways.   Today I am blessed with two great girls who are deserving of all my love and service,  a great woman of God who is deserving of all my love and support.  God has placed great men of God in my life and given me a vision of who he created me to be.  I am confident not in myself but in who He has created me to be. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, today is a hard day for me to wake up and feel confident in what I am doing in this season.  I only know to hold on to your word and you leadership of my life.  In this season, I pray that you sustain me, and help me to be the man that makes you proud.   I pray this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment