Sunday, June 28, 2015

Surrending your ministry to Jesus

S - http://bible.com/100/2ti.2.1-16.nasb You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. But avoid worldly and empty chatter, for it will lead to further ungodliness,

O - Paul here is instructing Timothy who is now disciplining his own ministry in his own church on how to equip the people.     First, he is to entrust the things he learned from Paul to other faithful men in the church who can teach others.    These are words of equipping and words of warning. To focus on the calling and teaching God's truth to other leaders.

A - The application for me is apply this first to my family, to speak God's truth into my girls in a way that gives them a foundation for setting their own foundations for decision making.  My hearts desire  is to see them know God's truth, have a personal relationship with Him, follow the Holy Spirit in them.  The same is for the ministry that I may participate in,  that they have a knowledge of God's truth,  that they know and have a personal relationship with Christ.  That they are able to hear and follow the holy spirits prompting.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for you calling, thank you for your word.  Help me Lord to apply these truths to my life.  I recommitt, reconfirm Jesus you are my Lord and Savior, that I fall short and repent of my disobedience.  Lord I ask that your word would become my words,and that your eyes would be my eyes, and my hands, heart, and mind would serve you.


No comments:

Post a Comment