Friday, June 5, 2015

submitting to the Lord

s http://bible.com/100/pro.30.27, 32 .nasb
 The locusts have no king, Yet all of them go out in ranks; 

If you have been foolish in exalting yourself Or if you have plotted evil,  put your hand on your mouth.

O - These proverbs are a reminder to me that only God is Lord and King, and that I as man have desired more from my leaders and expected more of myself as a leader.   I must trust God's leadership of me and others.  The Church today has no king on earth,  but we have a God who is Lord of all.  We are his people and we can be like locust and go out if we follow God.  At times I can believe God is giving me something to lead and expects me to be a local king for him.  However, there is great risk in this that we cannot carry the weight of that authority well and we often fall short of the Lord.

A -  I must humble myself and serve.  I must trust the Holy Spirits daily instruction to me.  I need to put my hand over my mouth when my instinct tells me to say or do something , submit it to the Lord and stick to the truth's he has set before me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank  you for your daily grace.  Thank you for pulling me back to your original calling on my life.  Lord please guard my heart, mind and control my mouth. In Jesus name I pray, amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment