Saturday, June 13, 2015

Go before the Lord to listen

S - http://bible.com/100/ecc.5.1.nasb Guard your steps as you go to the house of God and draw near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools; for they do not know they are doing evil.

O - this advice was literal at the time written but has relevance today.  At the time their was an actual temple, and a holy of holies.  Those approaching would truly offer sacrifice he's according to the law of Moses.   The intent of that sacrifice was to put you to right before God, so that there could be communion.  The wisdom of the proverb says he important part is that you are ready to receive confirm before the Lord, to listen,   not merely offer your sacrifice and hope it is enough to have God do your will.

A -  the application for me is to recognize my own service and sacrifice unto the Lord cannot be for the purposes of having him hear me o or give me the life I want.  I first must present myself b the Lord and just listen.   if I go into action mode without first listening mode I will be working to please the Lord but be disappointed when he does not bless all I try to do.  I simply must come before the Lord and listen.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the word of truth you have spoken to me.  I repent for all the times I came to you wanting something but not listening.   I pray all this in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment