Monday, June 1, 2015

An angry man must accept discipline and counsel

S - Proverbs : 19-20
19A man of great anger will bear the penalty,
For if you rescue him, you will only have to do it again.
20Listen to counsel and accept discipline,
That you may be wise the rest of your days.

O - Solomon spoke from wisdom and experience his proverbs.  God granted him wisdom without experience as he put him on the throne.  As God asked Solomon what he wanted most, he asked for wisdom and discernment to lead the nation;  and God granted it to him, along with peace and prosperity.   I suspect as Solomon ruled, he faced many people in his service, in his opposition, or seeking his judgement or guidance and in this he saw men you faced the consequences of their anger.  His solution for people is to always be willing to accept discipline and wise counsel.

A -  The application for me is critical in the season I am.  Despite rest,  I find myself still emotional unstable and willing to over react in circumstances.  I find myself in my own head too long, and the next thing I know I snap and unleash word of anger and condemnation.   I can see this pattern over my life.   I know God's word has truth as to how man should tame the tongue and temper anger.  I need to seek wise counsel, and receive discipline and correction when it comes.

P - Dear heavenly Father, help me to control my anger,  I so desire to represent your love, and lead your people well.   The stumbling block of my anger feels like a thorn, and if you are willing I would pray you remove it from me; however, your will be done through my life.  In Jesus name I pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment