Thursday, June 18, 2015

Following the calling

S -http://bible.com/100/php.3.7-9.nasb But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

O - Paul here speaks to his experience as the Pharisees and now  as a apostle of Christ.  A career of developing his skill and reputation as a Pharisee had to be forfeited in light of is Damascus experience with Christ.  This was a major change in careers though serving the same master, the perspective is far different.  Knowledge of the past wasn't forfeited by Paul, but he did forfeit his rights, by making himself a slave to the gospel. 

O- I am struggling to remember I forfeited myself to Christ years ago.  During this career transition, I need to look to God for the assignment.   I can easily choose a more wayward path, if I don't stay connected to Christ.

P - Lord help me to seek your face, and hear your voice in this season of transition. I am praying for revelation of where you want my heart and mind focused. I pray this in Jesus name.


No comments:

Post a Comment