Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Serve those in need

S -http://bible.com/100/pro.28.26-27.nasb He who trusts in his own heart is a fool, But he who walks wisely will be delivered. He who gives to the poor will never want, But he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.

O -  I wonder if when Solomon wrote the Proverbs if proximity to the verses had any significance.  At times they  seem related one verse to the next, but today I made a connection that has caused me to pause and see the depth of Solomons wisdom. These verses in reverse order show us that if you give to those in need you will never want. The barrier to doing this is our own hearts which are so easily misled.  Trust in wisdom and truth and the paradoxical statement, he who gives never wants.

A - the application is part of what God has asked me to do today. Start serving those in front of me, without notice and with out desire to be compensated directly or indirectly.   There will be times in which my feelings or heart won't be in it, but I must just keep continuing to serve those He had placed before me.

P -  dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord give me the right mind to see what you see and do what you would have me do and lead my heart back to you ways. In Jesus name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment