Thursday, June 11, 2015

The importance of vision in action

S -http://bible.com/100/pro.29.18-19.nasb Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, But happy is he who keeps the law. A slave will not be instructed by words alone; For though he understands, there will be no response.

O - my observation of this scripture is that there is much behind this proverb.  This is a leadership truth and yet it is a. Word to Gods leaders of his people.  The lord leads with great vision, and give His vision to His people.  When the last does not clearly share this vision to those being led, they work in many directions, vice aligned in direction.  The leader must remember this is t is role to cast clear vision and direction.   The people that choose to follow a leader enjoy being bound by a vision and structure laid by the leader.  Verse 19 goes even deeper to  understand that those we lead, even though fully committed as b slaves to the mission, require more than words of a vision,  but require action of the leader in the direction of action. Quire simply leaders cannot cast vision and walk away, they must walk it out.

A -  the application for me is both general and specific.  The lord wants me to lead those he has placed in front of me well.  I must cast clear vision and am responsible to lead it with my actions the whole way.   At work I must let my leader know I need more than a general vision, but a clear direction and leadership by action.  In the church specifically at Manoa I need to support Rod in leading Gods people with clear direction, led with purposeful and engaged action.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your wisdom, passed down by your servant Solomon. I pray this lesson would be deeply implanted in me so that I may lead those you put in front of me well. I pay all this in Jesus name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment