Friday, June 19, 2015

Focus on the truth and goodness of God

S -http://bible.com/100/php.4.8-9.nasb Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

O - Paul says dwell on these things... Knowing that in the life the Philippians were experiencing there was plenty to worry about and be afraid of.  By focusing on the things which are from God they would be encourage by God's presence and goodness.  Their  strength and courage would come from the lord, and examples of this walking in the lord s way. 

A -  During. This season of change and anxiousness God has been reminding me to fill myself with his word and not with responses to my fears and anxieties.  I am thankful for for Paul's reminder to focus on what is pure and lovely and true.  During seasons of uncertainty I entertain far too often things that don fit these categories.

I need to remember to seek to see and dwell on things that are:
True
Honorable
Right
Pure
Lovely
Excellent
Worthy of praise

P - dear heavenly Father, thank you for this time of reflecting and feeling on your word which.  Is true, pure, honorable, excellent, and worthy of praise.  I pray all this in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment