Wednesday, June 3, 2015

humble yourself before the king

S -  Proverbs 25: 6-7    NASB
6Do not claim honor in the presence of the king,
And do not stand in the place of great men;
7For it is better that it be said to you, "Come up here,"
Than for you to be placed lower in the presence of the prince,

O - Solomon really understood the folly of men, and in his wisdom wrote these reminders to us that we might give pause in the moment we begin to exalt ourselves and become prideful. This can be with respect to both men and God.  We are to continue to serve and develop ourselves and when in the presence of the king, or the king of kings we are to humble ourselves and allow the leader of our life and the Leader of our soul to exalt us.

A - The application for me today is to recognize that I struggle in the presence of the king, and I am not trusting my promotion from the Lord.  I am called to be a Timothy,  a man of legendary companionship and faithfulness to the leaders I serve.  This causes tension in me when I think I deserve more title or influence or recognition.  I am reminded today to continue to serve those leaders God places in my life. I am to seek God and where I am to serve,  to trust in this placement, and to rejoice in my unique calling to serve leaders.  I am not to seek to stand in the great men I see around me,but rather serve them.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your direction  and your affirmation in me of my calling.  I pray you help me change my attitude and anxiousness toward circumstances where I feel undervalued and unmotivated.   I desperately want to move toward your best in my life, and live in the peace of serving others exactly where you want me to be.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment