Friday, June 12, 2015

Correcting children

S -http://bible.com/100/pro.29.15.nasb The rod and reproof give wisdom, But a child who gets his own way brings shame to his mother.

O - this is a great parenting word of advice from Solomon.  Or ability as parents to unconditionally love and correct or children, is for their best and our best.  

A-  I find this particularly applicable to me not because I am a soft dad.  I know at times my children understand I have a rod, but it my times of being tired of disciplining them that I allow them to disobey our values that I both injure their future and dishonor my wife.  I must seek to be consistent in love and reproof.

P - dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's word. Please help me to live your words. In Jesus name I pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment