Sunday, June 14, 2015

Gathering wisdom with a fear of the Lord

S -http://bible.com/100/ecc.7.5-18.nasb It is better to listen to the rebuke of a wise man Than for one to listen to the song of fools. Do not be excessively righteous and do not be overly wise. Why should you ruin yourself? It is good that you grasp one thing and also not let go of the other; for the one who fears God comes forth with both of them.

O-  wisdom, like wealth has its limits of good.   Solomon proved both in his lifetime.   To seek wisdom and understanding is good,  to seek  excess in each will lead to a pride which changes you. Pride draws us away from our fear of the Lord. 

A - application of wisdom and knowledge while maintaining a healthy fear of the Lord is essential.  The pursuit of excellence and personal mastery can be used for Gods glory or my downfall.  I must choose to continue to chisel away at my pride and respond with a new found, God oven humbleness and love.

P. -  dear heavenly Father, thank you for your daily deposit of wisdom and truth in my life.  I pray that you continue to allow me to grow in wisdom of your ways,  and maintain a humbleness necessary to apply your wisdom for your glory. In Jesus name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment