Monday, September 28, 2020

Repentance and a soft heart

 S - Prov 28: 13 -14 (NASB)

Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper,
    but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

Blessed is the one who always trembles before God,
    but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble.

O -  I have fallen in to both of these traps and been the fool who conceals sin and hardens my heart.   I know from experience these truths and need to even now make sure I am not one who operates in secret and who hardens his heart and buries my feelings deep down.  

A - The application for me is to confess and repent my sins, to truly mourn the loss of God in me and to humbly soften my calous heart, allowing emphathy for my wife and family to rule my heart and mind.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's reminder of what  I need to become in order to lead and love my family well.  I pray Lord for a softened heart and a righteous life so that I might love well my family and recover from my past season where I let sin creep in and make unwise actions and foolish words dominate my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment