Friday, September 4, 2020

Walk in the ways of Wisdom

 S - Prov 4:20-24 (NASB)

My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your sight;
Keep them in the midst of your heart.
22 For they are life to those who find them
And health to all [g]their body.
23 Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For from it flow the springs of life.
24 Put away from you a deceitful mouth
And put devious [h]speech far from you.
25 Let your eyes look directly ahead
And let your [i]gaze be fixed straight in front of you.
26 Watch the path of your feet
And all your ways will be established.
27 Do not turn to the right nor to the left;
Turn your foot from evil.

O - My observation here is one of awe of the wisdom God gave Solomon.   He sought from an early age wisdom and cultivated it most of his life.   I am guessing that he decided to write down Proverbs after many years of gathering and applying wisdom to his life.   It is here that he appears to be speaking to his sons and ultimately to all of us who believe God imparted great wisdom into this man.  And so what does he tell us here:  Listen well to wisdom, and do not let these proverbs depart from your sight (your thoughts and actions).  Plant them deep in your heart for they give life abundantly.   Avoid lying to yourself and to others,  your goal is not to use wisdom to twist things to get what you want, but rather to stay focused on the mission God has given you and to walk in His ways. 

A - The application for me is to seek the wisdom of God and let it be planted and deeply rooted in my heart.   I need to see the path that Wisdom is pointing me and allow the Holy Spirit guide my steps, keeping my eyes fixed on where Jesus is calling me to go.  I can't get distract or tempted in following things of this world, or temptations of the devil, but keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and take wise steps.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this wisdom you have imparted to me, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you point me back to the path of righteousness.  I know I have strayed from it, and for that I am so sorry, but I want to point my self toward you.  I pray for healing of the wounds caused by my wandering, and strength and wisdom to walk in your ways.  I pray all of this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment