Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Wisdom of a gentle answer

 S - Proverbs 15:1-3 (NASB)

A gentle answer turns away wrath,
But a [a]harsh word stirs up anger.
The tongue of the wise makes knowledge [b]acceptable,
But the mouth of fools spouts folly

O -  I am pretty sure at least annually the Lord speaks to me about my anger and my tongue through proverbs.   Today is much of the same, that the heart of God for me is to tame my anger, and put words of life into my heart and mouth.   In this season in particular I am to learn to do this when interacting with my wife.

A - And so the application of these verses is to quite simply reflect on these truth's and apply them to when I am first listening to my wife,   I am to see and hear what is going on through these lenses of truth.   First through the lens of gentle response,  no reason to hammer here.  The second is through the lens of wisdom, out of this lens I am to speak wisdom, truth, and love to my wife. 

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's message for me.  I receive them with an open head and heart,  Lord help me to live them through your holy spirit that is in me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment