Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Delight in the laws of God

 S -  Psalm 1: 1-3  (NASB)

How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,
Nor stand in the [a]path of sinners,
Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
He will be like a tree firmly planted by [b]streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its [c]leaf does not wither;
And [d]in whatever he does, he prospers.

O - Solomon outlines here the benefits of being a man of God.  The man of God does not take counsel of the wicked, doesn't follow the way that sinners go, doesn't sit back and scoff at the righteous, but rather delights in the law of the Lord.   This verse give a clear picture of who the man of god is,  he is a thriving fruit tree that is planted near the stream of living water, and produces fruit in its season, a lives and grows healthily.  

A - Wow this is my hearts desire, to be rooted firm in Gods way so that I might be firmly planted and fruitful.  I know now that I must delight in Gods law, not just know of them.  I must make sure that I am drinking of the living water that flows in me -  listening for and being obedient to the Holy Spirit. I am to meditate day and night, not just in the mornings but day and night on the law of God.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for helping me garner your wisdom and apply it to my life.  Lord my hearts desire is to delight in your law and meditate on it day and night.  My prayer is that you would remind me to do so throughout my days, so that I might develop roots near your stream of living water and grow abundantly the fruit (of the spirit) which you desire me to produce.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment