Saturday, September 12, 2020

A season of mental breakdown

 S - Prov 12:89-90 (NASB)
Give thanks to the Lord, who is good,
    whose mercy endures forever.
90 Bless the God of gods, all you who fear the Lord;
    praise and give thanks,
    for his mercy endures forever.”

Daniel 4: 31-34 (NASB)

31 When this period was over, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes to heaven; my reason was restored to me, and I blessed the Most High, I praised and glorified the One who lives forever,

Whose dominion is an everlasting dominion,
    and whose kingdom endures through all generations.
32 All who live on the earth are counted as nothing;
    he does as he wills with the powers of heaven
    and with those who live on the earth.
There is no one who can stay his hand
    or say to him, “What have you done?”

33 At the same time my reason returned to me, and for the glory of my kingdom, my majesty and my splendor returned to me. My counselors and nobles sought me out; I was restored to my kingdom and became much greater than before. 34 Now, I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, all of whose works are right and ways just; and who is able to humble those who walk in pride.

O -  The change of the state of mind of Nebuchadnezzar was one that was God ordained, and this was intended because of the lack of respect Nebuchadnezzar had,    and a lack of humility from where his Kingship came.  Now Daniel had told Nebuchadnezzar what His dream meant and that he would be dethroned and live a life of an Ox, banished from His kingdom.  But then God allows reason to return to him, and his kingdom to be restored, and only then did Nebuchadnezzar praise and exalt God and acknowledge His ways were right and just, being able to humble those who walk in pride.

A -  I can't help liken Nebuchadnezzar's experience to that of my own.   I was at the top of my leadership throne as a Navy Captain , and my leadership had become suspect as I did not have the right attitudes toward those I led, and to my God who I serve.   My whole life I have likely struggled with Bipolar disorder, but in this season the Lord allow me to snap and lose my mind.  I was hospitalized for 30 days and wandered the earth with thoughts of hopelessness and low self worth.  I perceived falsely perceived reality and was benched for about 1.5 years where I could do nothing.   But God was good and faithful to not let me live like that.  He restored my mind and my spirit to one of thanksgiving and clarity.   He has given me a chance to lead again at Amazon, and I am determined to live a God pleasing one, in which I show my love for God and for His people that He wishes to save, restore, and lift up.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this day in which you have poured out your truth on me.   I am thankful that you were with me through the season that I had to go through to break the chains of sin, and the lies of the Satan that I had allowed to be planted.  I pray Lord you guard my heart and mind now and in the future from Satan's lies.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment