Saturday, September 19, 2020

Lead with Kindness

 S - Prov 19:21-22 (NASB)

What is desirable in a man is his [o]kindness,
And it is better to be a poor man than a liar.
23 The [p]fear of the Lord leads to life,
So that one may sleep satisfied, [q]untouched by evil.

O - This proverb is a great reminder that we (I)  must choose kindness all the time.  The fruit of the spirit is love, joy , gentleness,   ... kindness.    I must be spirit led and full of the Holy spirit to desire and act with kindness.   My fear of the lord or reverence needs to be greater than the fear of the judgement in the world.

A -  The application for me is really take this message to heart, listen to the holy spirit inside me and act with kindness when interacting with my kids,  my wife, those I work with and those I meet along the way.   I have been known to be a hammer and treat people like nails, but the Lord is calling me to trust in kindness.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's word, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you would give me a spirit of gentleness and kindness, so that those I am with feel peace and love when they are around me, not tension and stress.   I pray all this in Jesus Christ name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment