Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Stay on God's course for your life

 S -  Proverbs 16:1-4 (NASB)
The plans of the heart belong to man,
But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight,
But the Lord weighs the [a]motives.
[b]Commit your works to the Lord
And your plans will be established.

Psalm 128:1-5 (NASB)

How blessed is everyone who fears the Lord,
Who walks in His ways.
When you shall eat of the [a]fruit of your hands,
You will be happy and it will be well with you.
Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine
[b]Within your house,
Your children like olive plants
Around your table.
Behold, for thus shall the man be blessed
Who fears the Lord.

O -  The observation is God has a good plan for your life, and those that seek Him and whose heart is led by Him have a fullfilling life.  Those that don't, though they may live,  face self inflicted trials.   The Lord has no problem with us facing trials in our life, but self inflicted ones are doubly hard.   This is because we likely have turned from  the path the Lord is trying to guide us on and blazed a trail that is far from His.   This does not mean the Lord changes his path, it only means the further you get from His path the larger the correction will have to be and the longer it will take to get back to Gods path for your life.  

A - The application for me is to look at my recent season of correction and realize that I had strayed from the Lords path for a few years.  My focus on work,  my fading away from the church, and my imbalance at home was at least 4 years long.   My correction was large and only occurred when I could no longer hold onto it all by myself.  I broke down, mentally, physically, and spirtually.   I hit a hard reset that has taken me almost two years to get to the right place in my life.  And though I am not there yet,  especially when it comes to my  relationship with my family and the local church.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for what you have done in my life, I pray that you keep doing a good work in me and help me restore my marriage and my family.   I need help also connecting to the body of Christ, the local church, so I don't once again wander away from your people.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment