Monday, September 7, 2020

Store God's commandments and treasures in my heart

 S - Prov 7:1-4  (NASB)

My son, keep my words
And treasure my commandments within you.
Keep my commandments and live,
And my [a]teaching as the [b]apple of your eye.
Bind them on your fingers;
Write them on the tablet of your heart.
Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;
That they may keep you from an [c]adulteress,
From the foreigner who [d]flatters with her words.

O - This is a proverb from Solomon likely to his sons,  but it can be seen also as a word of truth from the great teacher Wisdom.   Wisdom in the eyes of the Lord not the head of man.   Therefore we should treasure Gods commandments and write them on the tablet of our heart.  Solomon encourages us to build a healthy relationship with Wisdom so that it will keep you from being drawn away from God's best.

A - The application for me is to keep studying God's commandment and seeking God's wisdom.  I am to store them in my heart , where Jesus dwells with the Holy Spirit in me. When stored there I am able to change my perspective and start filtering things through God's eyes and not my own.  In order to resist the temptations that would draw me away from God,  my spirit must be the driving force in my view of things and actions of my hands.   

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank your for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you might help me to see things your way.  Give me words and actions that represent who you are, in me.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment