Friday, September 11, 2020

Seek favor of God and all righteousness

 S -  Prov 11:27-31 (NASB)

He who diligently seeks good seeks favor,
But he who seeks evil, evil will come to him.
28 He who trusts in his riches will fall,
But the righteous will flourish like the green leaf.
29 He who troubles his own house will inherit wind,
And the foolish will be servant to the wisehearted.
30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
And he who is wise [n]wins souls.
31 If the righteous will be rewarded in the earth,
How much more the wicked and the sinner!

O -  I so want to be like the green leaf who seeks God's righteousness and thrives in this life.   I pray that the riches of this world won't be my focus but the abundance and satisfaction in God's provision would be my strength.   I pray that I seek righteousness above all else, so might right living will be a source of life to my family and those around me. 

A -  The application for me is to simply heed these proverbs and seek a God pleasing righteous life.  Don't be drawn into evil ways.   Seek wisdom of God and not of man, and look to serve those around me, vice serving myself.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for you decision to not let me go.  I have fallen far from the righteous living that you designed me to live, and only now am I turning back to you to seek your forgiveness and direction that I may live a righteous and pleasing life.   I pray that you help heal the affects of the last few years both in me and in my family.  I pray that you clean me up and send me again back into the world as a ready and willing servant.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment