Tuesday, September 8, 2020

A season in Babylon

 S - Jeremiah 42:7-16  (NASB)

Now at the end of ten days the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah. Then he called for Johanan the son of Kareah and all the [g]commanders of the forces that were with him, and for all the people both small and great, and said to them, “Thus says the Lord the God of Israel, to whom you sent me to present your petition before Him: 10 ‘If you will indeed stay in this land, then I will build you up and not tear you down, and I will plant you and not uproot you; for I [h]will relent concerning the calamity that I have inflicted on you. 11 Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you are now fearing; do not be afraid of him,’ declares the Lord, ‘for I am with you to save you and deliver you from his hand. 12 I will also show you compassion, so that he will have compassion on you and restore you to your own soil. 13 But if you are going to say, “We will not stay in this land,” so as not to listen to the voice of the Lord your God, 14 saying, “No, but we will go to the land of Egypt, where we will not see war or hear the sound of a trumpet or hunger for bread, and we will stay there”; 15 then [i]in that case listen to the word of the Lord, O remnant of Judah. Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, “If you really set your [j]mind to enter Egypt and go in to reside there, 16 then the sword, which you are afraid of, will overtake you there in the land of Egypt; and the famine, about which you are anxious, will follow closely after you there in Egypt, and you will die there

O - This example of how God treats those he is correcting.   In this case God has allowed the people of Israel to be cast out of Jerusalem into Bablyon where they would be held a captive people.   Even though they were cast out because of how they were not following the commandments of God,  He was good and faithful to speak through Jeremiah the prophet and tell the people He is for them if they will trust and follow Him.

A -  This verse speaks straight to my heart.   I have been through a Babylon season which was the darkest period of my life.  God is saying if I will stay in this land , there is growth and healing that can and will occur, if I trust in Him to do a good work in me.  I can't try and escape from dealing with the spirit that inhabited me the past eight years, but rather face this spirit of unrighteousness.  I am not to be afraid of facing my giants but know that the Lord will show compassion on me if I will stay in this land and allow the mess that is the this illness, to allow God to turn that into fertilizer to grow my roots in Him and in my marriage. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would do a good work in me and help me grow because of this season I am in and because you have plan for me, plans for me to prosper.   I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment