Sunday, September 13, 2020

The righeous who turn away from God must repent

 S -  Ezek 33:12-16   (NASB)

‘The righteousness of a righteous man will not deliver him in the day of his transgression, and as for the wickedness of the wicked, he will not stumble because of it in the day when he turns from his wickedness; whereas a righteous man will not be able to live [g]by his righteousness on the day when he commits sin.’ 13 When I say to the righteous he will surely live, and he so trusts in his righteousness that he commits iniquity, none of his righteous deeds will be remembered; but in that same iniquity of his which he has committed he will die. 14 But when I say to the wicked, ‘You will surely die,’ and he turns from his sin and practices justice and righteousness, 15 if a wicked man restores a pledge, pays back what he has taken by robbery, walks by the statutes [h]which ensure life without committing iniquity, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 16 None of his sins that he has committed will be remembered against him. He has practiced justice and righteousness; he shall surely live.

O -  This message from the prophet Ezekial to the people of Israel displays how great God's grace in.  Even before Jesus,  the message was that the repentant and those who turn away from their transgressions will be forgiven and find favor with God.   A strong juxtaposition is also shown that a man who has lived a life of right living and then sins is condemned... if he stays mired in his sin.... but if he repents and turns from his evil ways God is trustworthy and will forgive these transgression and restore to the repent the crown of life.

A - God's grace is real.  I have personally experienced it as for a years I had slowly faded away from His righteousness and persuade treasures in this world,  ultimately sinning against God and my wife.   I have since repented, turned towards God and He is healing me and my marriage.  This is my application,  not if I sin but when,  I must be quick and humble to repent and turn towards God for correction and healing.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for making me the way you have.  I am so sorry I fell short of your righteousness, and am so thankful for your grace.  I pray you continue to heal and guide me in ways to restore my life with you as my Lord and Savior, and in my leadership of my family and marriage.   I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment