Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Seek Godly wisdom

 S - Prov 9:7-10 (NASB)

He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself,
And he who reproves a wicked man gets [e]insults for himself.
Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you,
Reprove a wise man and he will love you.
Give instruction to a wise man and he will be still wiser,
Teach a righteous man and he will increase his learning.
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

O - The wisdom of Solomon, as granted by God, is always so precise in describing godly wisdom.    Godly wisdom applied to one who has no ear for truth and God's ways has no fruit.  But correct a wise man and he will be even more the wiser,  teach a righteous man and he will increase his knowledge.   And the take away if you have a healthy fear of the Lord,  this is the foundation from which wisdom and knowledge of God becomes possible.

A -  The application for me is to begin with the end in mind.   Have a healthy fear of the Lord,  knowing he loves me but doesn't want me to live ignorantly but rather with the wisdom of Solomon.    The fear comes wanting to flee from ways that are not from God and run towards Him and His ways.   From there I can seek wise mentors to garner like lessons and filter what is from God and what is from man, through the Holy Spirit in me.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be stored to my heart.   I pray Lord that you would help me to have a healthy fear of not aligning with your ways, and help me to find and listen to godly mentors.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment