Monday, September 14, 2020

Being Proactive - allowing God's wisdom to guide your steps

 S - Prov 14: 14-18  (NASB)
The backslider in heart will have his fill of his own ways,
But a good man will be satisfied [g]with his.
15 The [h]naive believes everything,
But the sensible man considers his steps.
16 A wise man [i]is cautious and turns away from evil,
But a fool is arrogant and careless.
17 A quick-tempered man acts foolishly,
And a man of evil devices is hated.
18 The [j]naive inherit foolishness,
But the sensible are crowned with knowledge.

O - Wisdom and knowledge are so awesome, especially when they come from the Lord.  Solomon rips off like 20 pieces of golden wisdom bits, and I chose just a portion of which to reflect for today.    Wisdom is often juxtaposed to what is unwise so we understand that wisdom is a choice more than a matter of understanding.     Backsliders (which has been me)  have done so when they try and control all of their life in their ways instead of God's ways.   Don't be naive, but consider carefully your steps.   Run away from evil, don't be arrogant and careless because your path will be full of troubles.   Maintain an even temperedness,  because in your quick temperateness you act foolishly.  Check your feelings against God's truth and then respond as God designed you to respond. 

A =  The action for me to take is to be WISE!   Act in these manners by leaving a space between how I feel and how I act.  This space is reserved for God to speak truth into each and every situation I face.  This is a practiced habit,  proactiveness vice reactiveness. 

P -  Lord thank you so much for today's word, may it be sealed to my heart.  I love you Lord and your ways, they are so much better than my ways and you are so much smarter than me.   Help me Lord to walk in your ways, especially with my wife in this season of recovery.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment