Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Trusting in the lord for provision and peace

Trusting in the lord for provision and peace
S -Phil 4:4-7 (NASB)
4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!5 Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near .6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension , will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.11 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.12 I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Phil 4:11-13 (NASB)


O -   Paul is speaking to a generous church at Philipi that they might be encouraged to continue trusting in God for their provision and to continue to be generous.  Paul says the key is to be content in all circumstances by trusting that we can do all things through Jesus who gives us our strength.

A -   The application for me is to see that I can not walk around with a defeated or scarce mentality in the circumstances I am facing.  I must realize that God has placed me were I am am for heavenly purpsoses and I can rejoice in that his provision is sufficient to accomplish his purposes in the places he is sending me.     My attitude is my choice, and laying down my problems and needs before him is my provision.

P- Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your message of hope and provision.  I pray Lord that you convict me and help me to change my attitude and perspective on things, one in which I can rejoice in who you are and what you are doing .   Help me to reflect you to my wife and family, and those that I reach every day in your name.



No comments:

Post a Comment