Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Seeking to serve the least of these

Seeking to serve the least of these
 S- Matt 25:34-40 (NASB)
 "Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.35 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in;36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.'37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?38 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?39 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'40 "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'


O - Jesus's parable's in and near this scripture tell of our role to serve God and serve others.  The neat thing about it Jesus, shows by serving others, we are serving Him.    Our heart , is to be attuned to the heart of God, and God cares deeply for those in need of Him and His love and provision.  

A -  The application for me is to be looking to serve those in need around me, not avoid the needy.   I must look at those who are hungry, in need of physical provision, in need of fellowship as they face this life.  I am  to lavish them with the love that Jesus has lavished upon me.   To those who have made mistakes and are paying the cost today, and struggling through their punishment I am to be there to share the light and truth of Jesus,   and when someone is sick I am to visit them and provide them with companionship, prayer and comfort.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would keep doing a good work in me through your spirit in me,  through your word, and through the godly men nd women you have placed in my life.    Lord help me to see those in need and provide your love and support to them.    Help me not fear or shrink away from an opportunity to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment