Thursday, January 24, 2013

Forgiveness, a key to loving like God

Forgiveness, a key to loving like God

S -Matt 6:14-15 (NASB)
14 "For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.15 "But if you do not forgive others , then your Father will not forgive your transgressions.


O - I was almost immediately convicted by this verse spoken by Jesus to his disciples.  He was sharing with them how to pray, and how not to be hypocrites like some religious folks are.  In a very general way he was showing them how to display true christian love , for God , and for others.   Forgiving others is how we show we have learned from God what true love is.  It is out of the receiving of his love and forgiveness that we begin to have the capacity to forgive others.

A - There is truth in this scripture that convicts my heart in my own closest love relationships that I must be quick to forgive the shortcomings and transgressions of those I love, and in fact all people.   I must remember who I am , an imperfect, flawed transgressor, who has been forgiven.    I must live the example that God has shown me to love others and draw others near to him.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your conviction of my unforgiving heart.  I pray Lord you would continue to work on me and help me to remember not to focus on trangressions but to focus on forgiveness and love.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment