Friday, January 11, 2013

Boast in the Lord, He will boast in us

Boast in the Lord, He will boast in us

S - 2 Cor 10:17-18 (NASB)
17 But he who boasts is to boast in the Lord.18 For it is not he who commends himself that is approved, but he whom the Lord commends.

O - Paul , in speaking to the Corinthians is both making a point for his case of having permission to speak words of truth into the lives of the Corinthians church.   He states previously that while his words in writing may be strong, his spirit in person has always been humble and gentle.   He is making a case for this to be o.k. because his authority comes from God, and that he is following God.  In this verse he points out that the person that spends his time reporting their accomplishments and authorities are not necessarily approved by God.

A - The application for me is to understand that I can not spend time trying to ensure my name is uplifted, but rather I must follow and serve God, well and give him all the glory for the works of my mind and hands.   I have had time of concern and worry that I wasn't put myself out there enough to ensure I was known and accomplished.   The Lord in once circumstance humbled me when I did attempt boast in myself.  Since then I have tried to stay focused on serving with excellence and let the commendations come from the Lord.  I  know now that I must continue to serve humbly, but also increase in my boasting of the Lord, for what he has done in my life.  I must trust his timing in commendations and promotions, and wait patiently in seasons of  demotion or little commendation from those around me.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your wisdom, and grace in leading me through the journey you have me on.  I give you all the glory for the the things in my life that I have accomplished, from even before I knew you.     I pray Lord that you would help me to have the strength to continue to serve your will in my life humbly, and trusting in your strength and plan for promotion .  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment