Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Preparation for following God

Preparation for following God


S - Acts 7:35-36 (NASB)

35 "This Moses whom they disowned, saying, 'Who made you a ruler and a judge?' is the one whom God sent to be both a ruler and a deliverer with the help of the angel who appeared to him in the thorn bush.36 "This man led them out, performing wonders and signs in the land of Egypt and in the Red Sea and in the wilderness for forty years

O - This is Stephen's recount of what all of God's men had done throughout creation, and how God had a plan.   What is notable in Stephen's dissertation is that each man of faith, Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David, John the Baptist,  and Jesus were men set aside by God to deliver His people at the appointed time.    Each had gone through periods of running in with God's own people,  direct revelation and guidance from God, and a period of separation and preparation.  Each acted according to God's plan and did not necessarily gain complete favor and following of God's people until after the deliverance had been accepted by them.  In a sense it was a testimony to God's faith to his promise to Abraham, as well as our resistance and ignorance to often times that which is God's very provision for our salvation.

A - The application for me is to recognize how God works with those who follow him in faith.  I must recognize the early connection and commitment he made to me as I made that commitment to follow his son Jesus.   There will be periods of trial and perseverance, and growth of character which are preparing me for the time when he needs me to be bold and follow him in his plan for his people's salvation.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this message today through your word.  Thank you for continuing to invest in me and prepare me so I can take part in what you are doing here on earth, to bring redemption to your lost people.  I pray Lord that you continue to sustain and fill me with your spirit during this season, so that I might discern where to walk,  be encourage to act and speak boldly.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment