Monday, January 14, 2013

Transformed by God's love

Transformed by God's love
S - Mark 12:28-31 (NASB)
28 One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?"29 Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'Hear, O Israel! the Lord our God is one Lord ;30 and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart , and with all your soul , and with all your mind, and with all your strength .'31 "The second is this, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself .' There is no other commandment greater than these.

O - The scribe came and asked this question seeking to see if Jesus was speaking truth from authority and had true knowledge of the scriptures.  Jesus answered with a a pair of commandments that encompass all that God desires of us.  Quite simply to love him and love one another.   All our actions can be properly guided if we let these commandments guide us.

A - The application for me is to understand that life is complicated and full of many details and distractions. But God created me to do two things,  to love him and to love the people he has placed in my life.  My imperfection and sin draw me away from his perfect creation and purpose.  Daily I must scrub my heart and realign my compass to put my eyes on Him and love Him with all my heart mind and strength.  Out of the abundance of this relationship can I draw the love to treat others with the same tender, firm, and fair love that God treats me with.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would be help me to fully receive and comprehend your love, be transformed by it, so that I might love others the way you love me.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment