Saturday, January 5, 2013

Acknowledging Christ in our life

Acknowledging Christ in our life

S - Luke 5:8-9 (NASB)
 But when Simon Peter saw that, he fell down at Jesus’ feet, saying, “Go away from me Lord, for I am a sinful man!” For amazement had seized him and all his companions because of the catch of fish which they had taken;

O - This is Peters response to first meeting Jesus and catching a large load of fish following a night of no luck at fishing.   This humble response came from an understanding of just how great this man Jesus standing before him was , that he was from God, and a deep reverence came over him.  

A - How much more should I be in reverence for all that Jesus has done and revealed to me, and is doing in my life today.  I must be awakened by Peters response that the every day miracles reveal God's love for me and his power and glory and I am but a sinful man, undeserving of his attention, but yet He chooses me.   My attitude of gratitude is what I will endeavor to cultivate as a result of this scripture recognizing their is nothing I can do to earn or repay what God has done and is doing in my life.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for this day's reminder of your truth and your love.   I pray that my heart would receive the truth of your amazing love and humbly and gratefully now down before you acknowledging you for all things in my life.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment