Thursday, January 17, 2013

The work of the body of Christ

The work of the body of Christ
S -Acts 6:7 (NASB)
7 The word of God kept on spreading; and the number of the disciples continued to increase greatly in Jerusalem, and a great many of the priests were becoming obedient to the faith.

O -  This verse comes right after the apostles appoint 12 people to be in charge of the ministry to the widows.  Their justification was so they could focus on the prayer and the ministry of the word of God.  The effectiveness of this seems to pay off as we see the increase in the disciples as the apostles were able to focus on the delivery of the Gospel to the people.  Of course it didn't mean the the church didn't care for those who were followers it was simply showing that the entire body of Christ could function to reach the world and that together they could accomplish God's great commission.

A -   The application for me has been a bit of a struggle of late, as a struggle to not be too introverted with my faith and an being exhorted to be reckless with the spreading of the good news.  I receive the encouragement that I must be more willing to share God's love, grace and good news whenever opportunity arises.  This scripture also reminds me that we each have a place in the body to serve and enable the gospel to move forward.    I believe it is likely not a one or the other thing, but a both/and.    We are to serve where we can help, but always be willing to share the good news of Jesus.

P -  Dear heavenly father, I pray that you would help me discern and resolve how reckless you want me to be in sharing my faith in you.   I pray for a breaking of any strongholds that are holding me back from trusting in your love and your ways in my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment