Monday, January 7, 2013

Faith that heals

Faith that heals

S - Luke 8:43-48 (NASB)
43 And a woman who had a hemorrhage for twelve years, and could not be healed by anyone,44 came up behind Him and touched the fringe of His cloak , and immediately her hemorrhage stopped.45 And Jesus said, "Who is the one who touched Me?" And while they were all denying it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing in on You."46 But Jesus said, "Someone did touch Me, for I was aware that power had gone out of Me."47 When the woman saw that she had not escaped notice, she came trembling and fell down before Him, and declared in the presence of all the people the reason why she had touched Him, and how she had been immediately healed.48 And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace."

O - This woman's healing by Jesus is as many where a healing because of faith that Jesus could heal them.   Deeper than that I believe they had a true faith, one that not just believed Jesus was a healing man, but that he was the son of God and desired to heal people.   This woman's affliction had been on her for 12 years and she must have tried in many ways to be healed.   Upon hearing of Jesus she pursued him, for who he was , a healing man from God.

A - How can I have this type of faith.  One that with a touch of Jesus robe, or a word from Jesus through a whisper from the holy spirit, or  a word read and received from the word of God, can be instantly transformed.   I must "faith" it instead of fake it, in my life as a christian, I must continue to grow a seed of deeper and deeper trust in who Jesus is , in me.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for your daily reminders of your truth.  Help me Lord to grown my faith, so that I may quickly receive your truths and power, by faith, and not by my own strength or wisdom.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment