Sunday, January 6, 2013

Trusting in God and his instruction

Trusting in God and his instruction
 S - Genesis 17:23 (NASB)
23 Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all the servants who were born in his house and all who were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham’s household, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the very same dayas God had said to him. 

O - As God was making this new covenant with Abraham, whom he renamed, and was about to provide a son Isaac to for generations to come.   While Abraham may not have been patient on waiting on the promise of God when he had a child with his wife's maid, he shows great faith and obedience in acting that same day in the commandment of circumcision.  

A - The application for me is to seek great faith like Abraham to act immediately when God is asking me to act.   So often times I hear God's direction and then think it through for the perfect time that fits into my idea what seems right.  I am encouraged and not condemned that to have great faith simply means trusting in God's word and timing, and acting without fear or worry knowing it our God loves us and has good plans for us.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for bringing me to Monterey for your purposes.  I pray Lord that you would reveal to me and encourage me to be obedient to those things you are asking me to do in this season.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment